Tuesday, 6 November 2012

MAC Christmas Collection - Tenderly Warm Pigments

So as I'm sure most of you know the MAC Christmas collection came out last Thursday in the UK. It was a very exciting day for all us beauty people! I decided this year I would have a look around at all of it and only buy things I will actually use all year round- last year I went a bit crazy and brought things just because they were in the collection and have never actually used them! 
So after looking around the collection I thought that the packaging is really cute but the actual products and sets themselves are a bit average Joe. I only actually ended up buying 1 thing from it and i'm happy with my purchase. I picked up the Guilty Passions: 4 Tenderly Warm Crushed Metallic Pigments.



So this set comes with 4 colours Ever Elegant, Silk Stocking, Darling Coquette and Rose Light. At first looks I didn't think I would like Rose Light as its very pink and "rose" ( hence the name) but actually I wore it yesterday lightly pattered over my everyday make up and it looked really pretty and not to pink. Silk Stocking and Darling Coquette are both champagne colours, Silk stocking more yellow based and Darling Coquette more pink. Ever Elegant is a rich reddish brown and perfect for a darker evening look.



The thing I found with these pigments is its more of a pressing them onto your eyes motion, this can mean that they are rather tricky when blending in the crease as I found the colour got more intense the more I blended.

Overall I think this is the perfect neutral pigment set for pretty much everyone. The MAC Christmas collection make perfect gifts as its reasonably priced and well, everyone likes a bit of MAC in their life. 

4 crushed Metallic Pigments (link) - £25.50

Have you brought anything from the collection yet?


Twitter: @TashaPertwee
Instagram: TashaPertwee

6 comments:

  1. Ooo these look lovely :) really pretty shades!
    Ever elegant might be a tad too dark for my complection though, I'm such a pale sausage!

    Kerys xxx

    P.s I'm having a MUA & Azure Boutique giveaway :)
    http://littleboblab.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-10k-views-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely and would make a perfect gift.

    Kelly
    http://fromthesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look lovely, the coral lipglass set is on my wishlist! xo

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that rust color looks so beautiful, bet it would really emphasize the eyes. love these sets, looks like they could last a long time, great swatches :)

    Pretty Squared | http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are all beautiful colours!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the packaging for the Christmas collection :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here lovelies