Tuesday, 17 April 2012

My New Organised Makeup Collection


So I got a bit fed up of looking through four drawers of make up to find the one bronzer I'm looking for. I had a 'spring clean' and set myself a mission of to fit everything in one drawer. I have seen lots of posts and videos that people have been organising and de-cluttering there collections, it seems to be the new thing and I have jumped on the bandwagon and I'm LOVING IT.

I have seen the light, I don't need a whole chest of drawers full of make-up, you see videos on Youtube where people have whole rooms just for make-up. No one needs that much make-up. I am not a make-up artist so all the make-up I own gets slapped on my face so how many different bronzer's do I really need?

So I set myself clear targets. I got rid of all my 90% of my mac face products as I have know have worked out that it is these devils that break my skin out like CRAZY. I kept 3 blushers (that I couldn't face to get rid off) , a highlighter and a foundation (that I am saving to give to a friend.) I got rid of any products I haven't used in the past 2 months and slowly my collection started getting smaller.

Having a smaller collection I really think means that I actually use the majority of the products in there, at the end of the day, if you have a whole room of make-up there will be products that you have touched once.

I might have a smaller 'collection' but I'm a lot happier (and my friends where to who I passed all the unwanted products on to!)

Let me know if you prefer to have a whole room of make-up or just a drawer?




9 comments:

  1. Wow your storage idea is fab! Deffo need to take a leaf out of your book I think!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That storage looks extremely neat! I havent got a draw that has that much space at the back also! So it all just gets chucked into one.And you're right..the mac powders clog my skin right up too! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I really need to sort my make up out ;)

    Kukee Blog
    Sil xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I keep organising my makeup but it seems to just end up messier and larger every time!

    Take a peak at my blog<3

    Project Rattlebag

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. really great idea, i have some muji boxes for my storage if youd like to check it out.
    http://amywithflawsandall.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. your storage looks so good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a makeup girlie so I never understand how everyone stock piles all these products :) It's good to have a spring clean once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally agree about not needing a whole room for make up haha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to be able to do something like this with my makeup my 2 year old son is always getting his mitts on it which is so annoying.

    Lovely blog

    Jade
    x
    www.frolickingfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here lovelies