Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butter- Lollipop





So they finally arrived in the UK, after what it felt like years of being raved about from the States. I was beyond excited when I saw that they were here.
This is what happened: I ran up to the Revlon section in Boots thinking 'I NEED ALL OFF THEM, no... control yourself, how many more lipsticks do you really need? 3 FOR 2!! NOW I HAVE AN EXCUSE TO GET ALL OF THEM'

However when I was swatching them on the back of my hand I really wasn't impressed with many of the others. In fact, this is the only one I picked up out of the Revlon lip butters. I do have my eye on a couple of the more neutral day to day ones but I wasn't over excited by any of them.

These are very moisturising and this colour I think has good pigmentation for a 'lip butter.' Its very glossy and contains blue and pink glitter ( you can sort of see it in the photo)

Anyway I won't ramble on to much longer as I'm pretty sure you've would have seen so many reviews on these by now, you get the gist, they are good quality for what you pay for!

WARNING: LIKE MOST THINGS IN THE YOUTUBE/BLOGGER WORLD I FEEL THESE HAVE BEEN HYPED UP A LOT AS LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THEM, THEY ARE GOOD BUT DON'T BE EXPECTED A TRULY  UNIQUE LIPSTICK AS I FEEL ITS NOT.
(don't want to be a party pooper as I do like them!)


Let me know if I've missed an amazing colour from the Lip Butter collection?


9 comments:

  1. This shade is so pretty, I have seen so many posts on these but haven't been able to find them in my local boots yet :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my local boots still doesn't have them ! But I just happened to be in town and a bigger one had them, but make sure you look carefully as they weren't out saying 'NEW' they were just hidden with the normal lipsticks. (If any of that sentence made sense!)xxx

      Delete
  2. Looks so great on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swatched a couple and totally agree, not worth the hype. I love the new Loreal ones that are similar though, I think they're much better quality :) But this looks lovely :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. post coming soon on the Loreal ones! (I think I might prefer them too...) xxx

      Delete
  4. Some products can definitely suffer from being overhyped, I guess that's why it's always good to just try them out for yourself and form your own opinion. This colour looks really pigmented, fun and bright though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh i have the same and i love it!!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them as well, but I feel exactly the same way. They don't have the pigmentation of lip sticks. They do feel good though. Lollipop happens to be my favorite shade.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments here lovelies